|File size||2 Mb|
How do you create a mission-critical site that provides exceptional performance while remaining flexible, adaptable, and reliable 24/7? Written by the manager of a UI group at Yahoo!, Developing Large Web Applications offers practical steps for building rock-solid applications that remain effective even as you add features, functions, and users. You'll learn how to develop large web applications with the extreme precision required for other types of software.
- Avoid common coding and maintenance headaches as small websites add more pages, more code, and more programmers
- Make changes in one place that ripple through all affected page elements
- Embrace the virtues of modularity, encapsulation, abstraction, and loosely coupled components
- Use tried-and-true techniques for managing data exchange, including working with forms and cookies
- Learn often-overlooked best practices in code management and software engineering
- Prepare your code to make performance enhancements and testing easier