|Author||Jaipaul L. Roopnarine|
|Category||Family and Friendship|
This volume offers a comprehensive, up-to-date synopsis of fathering and father-child relationships in diverse regions of the world, helping students and practitioners alike understand cultural variations in male parenting.
• Explores variations in father-child relationships across a wide range of cultural settings
• Enhances understanding of the increasing role of men in fostering the well-being of children
• Calls attention to the importance of the diverse roles of fathers in a changing global community
• Examines the changing dynamic of parenting vis-à-vis gender roles
• Approaches the study of fathering from diverse disciplinary perspectives, including sociology, anthropology, psychology, human development and family studies, and early childhood development