|Author||Leonard J. Hopper|
Quick, reliable answers to your most common on-site questions
When you're in the field, you never know what you'll come across. The Graphic Standards Field Guide to Hardscape gives you fast access to the practical information you need when you're on-site and under pressure.
Presented in a highly visual and easily portable format, the Field Guide is organized to follow a logical project sequence from site evaluation of existing conditions through construction maintenance. Covering everything from assessing existing conditions, site work, bases and paving, site improvements, and materials, this handy companion conveys the most common answers that landscape architects need in the real world when visiting a construction site, and meeting with architects and engineers or clients and contractors.
The Field Guide to Hardscape extends the familiar Landscape Architectural Graphic Standards beyond the office or studio with:
- Quick access to essential information when away from the studio
- Things to look for when assessing existing conditions during preliminary design site visits or pre-construction meetings
- Graphic Standards—quality details accompanied by real-world photographs of best construction practices and techniques
- Illustrations that help you troubleshoot problems, along with on-the-spot solutions
- A list of common construction mistakes and problems to avoid
- Compact format that's easy to reference and carry along
The Graphic Standards Field Guide to Hardscape is the ideal companion for the on-the-go landscape architect, design professional, inspector, facilities manager or anyone that is involved with site construction.