|Author||Alan L. Sheldrake|
At last a comprehensive handbook detailing the application of electrical engineering to the oil, gas and petrochemical industries! The book discusses the necessary theories behind the design of facilities and offers practical guidance on selecting the electrical power systems and equipment used on offshore production platforms, drilling rigs, pipelines and chemical plants.
* material and approximations seldom found in other electrical engineering texts
* 'rule-of-thumb' examples to help with quick and sensible estimates before the use of more detailed methods and computer programs
* non-electrical material to enable electrical engineers to interface effectively with other disciplines, such as mechanical, process, instrumentation, safety, structural or civil engineering
* reference lists of international standards and conversion factors for units of measure
* worked examples based on practical parameters and typical situations.
Compiled from 35 years of experience in the oil and power generating industries, Alan Sheldrake provides a careful balance between mathematical theory and comprehensive practical application knowledge. This handbook will prove an invaluable reference to practising power electrical and instrumentation engineers involved in the design, installation and maintenance of power generation and distribution systems