A practical, comprehensive guide to developing effective design communication skills
From doing a quick sketch to producing a fully rendered model, the ability to create visual representations of designs is a critical skill for every designer. Interior Design Visual Presentation, Fourth Edition offers thorough coverage of interior design communication used throughout the design process, complete with a broad range of real-world examples.
This fully updated handbook presents the full range of styles and techniques used for interior design visual communication, from hand drawing to 3D computer modeling. Its accessible, how-to approach guides you through a variety of methods for executing creative and successful design graphics, models, and presentations. Recognizing the ongoing proliferation of digital tools for visual representation, this edition provides the latest information on 2D design presentation software, such as Photoshop, SketchUp, Revit, and AutoCAD. Dozens of high-quality, full-color illustrations highlight step-by-step instructions detailing techniques and approaches throughout the book.
Standout features of this new edition include:
- Discrete chapters devoted to manual, freehand, and digital drawing
- Numerous examples of quick-sketching techniques as well as computer-generated, 3D representations using Google SketchUp and other software
- Updated coverage of graphics, composition, and organization of presentations
- A range of examples from small residential student projects to huge public interior spaces designed by leading professionals
- New coverage of rendering
- In-depth coverage of a wide range of material sample presentation boards
From traditional to cutting-edge techniques, Interior Design Visual Presentation, Fourth Edition gives students and professionals alike the tools to give visual life to their design vision.