Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Dominican Republic is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Walk the cobblestone streets, past beautifully restored mansions, churches and forts, many now converted into evocative museums and restaurants, in Santo Domingo's Zona Colonial; boat out to Bahia de Las Aguilas, a stunning 10km-long stretch of postcard-perfect sand nearly hugging Haiti's shores; or grab a front row seat and watch the thousands of humpback whales that congregate off the Peninsula de Samana to mate and give birth, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Dominican Republic and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Dominican Republic Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - arts, baseball, history, music, dance, architecture, cuisine
- Over 40 maps
- Covers Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, Juan Dolio, Santiago, Port- au Prince, Haiti, Las Terrenas and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Dominican Republic, our most comprehensive guide to the Dominican Republic, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Caribbean Islands guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole of the Caribbean has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home. Follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (Instagram.com/lonelyplanet) and Snapchat (@lonelyplanet).
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)BY:ebook777.com