|Author||L. F. Chen|
The development of high speed, high frequency circuits and systems requires an understanding of the properties of materials functioning at the microwave level. This comprehensive reference sets out to address this requirement by providing guidance on the development of suitable measurement methodologies tailored for a variety of materials and application systems. Bringing together coverage of a broad range of techniques in one publication for the first time, this book:
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to microwave theory and microwave measurement techniques.
- Examines every aspect of microwave material properties, circuit design and applications.
- Presents materials property characterisation methods along with a discussion of the underlying theory.
- Outlines the importance of microwave absorbers in the reduction in noise levels in microwave circuits and their importance within defence industry applications.
- Relates each measurement technique to its application across the fields of microwave engineering, high-speed electronics, remote sensing and the physical sciences.
This book will appeal to practising engineers and technicians working in the areas of RF, microwaves, communications, solid-state devices and radar. Senior students, researchers in microwave engineering and microelectronics and material scientists will also find this book a very useful reference.