|Author||Thomas S. Hischak|
This wide-ranging guide introduces (or reintroduces) readers to movie musicals past and present, enabling them to experience the development of this uniquely American art form―and discover films they'll love.
• Shows how the genre developed over time, from the 1920s to the present
• Shares fascinating insights about musicals with which the reader is already familiar
• Offers information on many lesser-known musicals
• Helps readers find film musicals that are similar to those they know and like
• Introduces important performers, directors, and songwriters
• Includes photographic stills from famous movie musicals