|File size||9 Mb|
The beauty and tranquility of nature can be deceptively dangerous for the unprepared. A change in weather conditions, personal injury, or lost or damaged supplies can turn a scenic hike into a life-threatening ordeal. Those with the knowledge of survival stay calm, stay safe, and stay alive.
Outdoor Survival Guide provides you with the essential survival information to help you overcome the most frequently encountered outdoor hazards. This guide offers practical, step-by-step instruction so you can implement the skills and techniques even under the most stressful circumstances. From extreme cold to the isolated wilderness, you'll have the tools to survive.
In Outdoor Survival Guide, survival expert Randy Gerke shares the same techniques and strategies he has used with the U.S. military and other government agencies. You will learn these skills and more:
- Assess your situation and prioritize your needs.
- Use your surroundings for shelter and safety.
- Navigate through isolated wilderness.
- Survive in extreme heat or cold.
- Signal for help.
- How to find drinking water in the wild and make sure it's safe to drink.
- Identify edible vegetation to stave off hunger.
- Assemble your own custom survival kit.
Preparation is the key to survival, and Outdoor Survival Guide will ensure that you are prepared. Before you venture afield, read this guide, and then stow it in your backpack, in your glove compartment, or with your outdoor supplies. It might save your life.