|Author||Jonathan L. Singer|
|Category||Family and Friendship|
This is the original edition of the book - the newer edition, both in paperback and for Kindle, has updated information and extras not included in this version.
A deceptively thin, constructive caregiving resource ... A brief, compassionate guide to raising a disabled child." Kirkus Reviews
The Special Needs Parent Handbook provides practical advice for any parent of a child with special needs, for caregivers of children with mild learning disorders to those with severe cases of autism, cerebral palsy or other disabilities.
Learn more about:
- Hiring babysitters and free respite help
- Finding the best and kindest doctors
- Keeping the family together
- Taking care of your health
- Strategies for inclusion and recreation
- Being a strong advocate for your child
- Planning for the future