Injustice: Why Social Inequality Still Persists

579206a4931b6.jpg Author Danny Dorling
Isbn 9781447320753
File size 3.6 MB
Year 2015
Pages 547
Language English
File format PDF
Category Economics

Book Description:

In the five years since the first edition of Injustice there have been devastating increases in poverty, hunger, and destitution in the United Kingdom.  Globally, the richest 1% have never held a greater share of world wealth, while the share of most of the other 99% has fallen in the last five years, with more and more people in debt, especially the young. Economic inequalities will persist and continue to grow for as long as we tolerate the injustices which underpin them.

This fully rewritten and updated edition revisits Dorling’s claim that Beveridge’s five social evils are being replaced by five new tenets of injustice: elitism is efficient; exclusion is necessary; prejudice is natural; greed is good; and despair is inevitable. By showing these beliefs are unfounded, Dorling offers hope of a more equal society.

We are living in the most remarkable and dangerous times. With every year that passes it is more evident thatInjustice is essential reading for anyone who is concerned with social justice and wants to do something about it.

 

Download (3.6 MB)

No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *