Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Maui is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Buckle up and hit the Hana Hwy - with its 600 twists and turns, towering cliffs and jungle valleys; take time out and go snorkeling with turtles at Turtle Beach; or take in a jam session at an intimate slack key guitar concert in Napili; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Maui and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Maui Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - landscape, cuisine, diving, snorkeling, surfing, off-the-beaten track, history, wildlife, arts
- Free, convenient pull-out Maui regional map (included in print version), plus over 55 color maps
- Covers Lahaina, West Maui, Iao Valley, Central Maui, Kihei, South Maui, North Shore, Upcountry, Haleakala National Park, Hana, East Maui, Lanai, Molokai and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Maui, our most comprehensive guide to Maui, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Hawai'i: the Big Island guide for a comprehensive look at what the Big Island has to offer.
- Looking for a guide focused on another island in this destination? Check out Lonely Planet's Honolulu, Waikiki & O'ahu guide for a comprehensive look at all this island has to offer; or Pocket Honolulu, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.